[Orca-users] Orcallator.se and Netsaint.

cian at canada.com cian at canada.com
Sat Sep 1 16:55:19 PDT 2001

Lads,

I am in the process of writting a bunch of perl scripts (cgi) that
will set will allow you to configure individual machines and
warning/critical levels for certain values.  For example we have a
few machines that drop to half duplex all of a sudden, so I set up a
script that scans for packet collisions on hme0, and sends me an
email.  That tells me to force the full duplex.

I want to integrate these scripts into Netsaint, and use the trends
and event handlers with netsaint.  Has anyone or does anyone
integrate the two? Would anyone be interested in helping me with
this.  It is to enable a more automated notifcation of problems.

I would be very happy to have some people help me get this sorted
out, which will enable a much more pro-active orcallator.

I would like to then use Orca with the trends logs of Netsaint, on
the counter side.  Any comments?

Cian