[Orca-users] Re: Which Orca on Solaris 2.5.1 & perl 5.003?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Sep 17 12:03:19 PDT 2001

If you have the time, I would compile and install another copy of
Perl 5.6.1 in a brand new directory and use it just for Orca.  Get
Perl from

http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/src/5.6/AP629_source.tgz

Orca was never tested with Perl 5.003, so you'll just have to see if
it works if you can't compile a new version.

The newer Orca's are faster, less resource intensive and do more than
the older ones since they cache more calculated information.

You won't have a problem with older versions of Solaris, although
you'll have to use older SE toolkits.  I think orcallator.se will
work there, but you'll have to try that out also.