[Orca-users] Re: Date_parse routine usage

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Sep 25 23:45:44 PDT 2001

Hi Mike,

I'd really recommend reading the new Perl 5 book or learning Perl online.
It's got some great new features beyond Perl 4.  The my makes a lexical
variable that has scope, as in C or C++ variables.  They are faster than
local's and make coding better.

Yes, the sub goes into the configuration file.

The parsedate routine is imported by the Time::ParseDate module.  Check
out the Time::ParseDate manual page.