[Orca-users] Re: Procallator and Orcallator

Phillip B. Bruce pbbruce at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 26 18:53:56 PDT 2001

Christian Pearce wrote:

> Sure.  And if you wanted to include this in with the next release that
> would
> be great. *snicker*
>

> > Can you send the new orcallator.cfg along to the group?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Blair
> >
> > Christian Pearce wrote:
> >>
> >> For the record.  I have both procallator and orcallator *col files
> >> processed with the same configuration for orca.  It wasn't
> difficult,
> >> but it wasn't clear to me when I first started.  I just wanted to
> >> archive my results for others.
> >>
> >> I started with the orcallator.cfg from orca then I added then group
>
> >> and plot definitions from the orcallator.cfg from procallator.  I
> >> changed the group definition to procallator and the plot source
> >> definitions to procallator.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Christian Pearce
> >> CommNav, Inc.

> > ---------------------~--> Pinpoint the right security solution for
> your
> > company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate
> your
> > web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/JNm9_D/33_CAA/yigFAA/NhFolB/TM

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

> --
> Christian Pearce
> CommNav, Inc.

                                Height:
                       345678ft 01234567891011in

                                Weight:

Christian,

    You have the following:

generate_hourly_plot    0
generate_daily_plot     1
generate_weekly_plot    1
generate_monthly_plot   1
generate_quarterly_plot 1
generate_yearly_plot    1

        When I installed that in mine I get the following output.
# orca -v -o ./orcallator.cfg
Orca version 0.26beta1 using RRDs version 1.000131.
/opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: unknown directive `generate_hourly_plot' at
line 41 in `./orcallator.cfg'.
/opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: unknown directive `generate_daily_plot' at
line 42 in `./orcallator.cfg'.
/opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: unknown directive `generate_weekly_plot' at
line 43 in `./orcallator.cfg'.
/opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: unknown directive `generate_monthly_plot'
at line 44 in `./orcallator.cfg'.
/opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: unknown directive `generate_quarterly_plot'
at line 45 in `./orcallator.cfg'.
/opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: unknown directive `generate_yearly_plot' at
line 46 in `./orcallator.cfg'.

Is there anything else I should set in order to use that? My interest is
in doing an hourly plot.

Blair is this a bug?

*** Phillip B. Bruce                                     ***
*** http://pbbruce.home.mindspring.com                   ***
*** pbbruce at mindspring.com                               ***
*** "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than    ***
*** you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you    ***
*** is a maniac." - George Carlin                        ***