[Orca-users] Where did houlry intervals go?

Michael O'Dea modea at upoc-inc.com
Tue Apr 23 08:14:41 PDT 2002

I just installed the latest orca on a solaris machine, (orca 0.27b2) and copied my .cfg file over from my current orca host, where graphs were being written every 5 minutes (Hourly graphs) When I started the new orca install with this exact config file, it didn't write hourly graphs any longer...

I took at look at the latest orcallator.cfg-1.32.txt blair has up, and saw this:

# These parameters specify which plots to generate.
generate_hourly_plot      0
generate_daily_plot      1
generate_weekly_plot      1
generate_monthly_plot      1
generate_quarterly_plot      1
generate_yearly_plot      1

This was not in my older running 0.27 install, but it was generating hourly graphs w/o fail.

I added that to my new .cfg, set the generate_hourly_plot to 1 and restarted orca, only to have it bomb claiming it couldn't use those directives. My current install where I grabbed the .cfg from is 0.27

I am a bit confused as to why it stopped working with the new install.

thanks
-m

----
Michael A. O'Dea
Senior Systems Administrator
Upoc, Inc - NYC, NY
212.405.1042 (desk)
modea at upoc-inc.com
Upoc Handle: fddi

"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" -HST