[Orca-users] Re: orca-graphs

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Aug 1 12:20:09 PDT 2002

Hi Venu,

This response isn't directed to only to you, so don't take it personally, but it's
a good time to respond to these types of questions from Orca users.

<calling it straight>
Orca is an open source project and as such gets as much support as people
can put towards it.  In Orca's case, this is 99% me and I do the best I can
with the limited time I have without my wife getting upset, because Orca
doesn't pay the bills :)

As such, there's several ways to get help with this issue:

1) Help out figure out the problem.  Hack the Orca code to figure what's going
   on, develop a bug fix for yourself.  Then submit the bug fix to me for inclusion
   in the next release of Orca.  If you don't submit the bug fix, then you'll have to
   reapply it yourself when you upgrade to newer Orca releases.
2) Wait for me or somebody to take a look at it and fix it.
3) Buy software support from me to get a response in a specific amount of
   time.  If you want to do this, contact me privately.
</calling it straight>