[Orca-users] Re: Any ideas?

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Mon Aug 5 16:29:41 PDT 2002

> I'm guessing you guys don't want to hear such questions, but I'm stumped.  configure went fine, but make dies with output below.  Maybe something to do with "as"?

Sort of...

> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccxKGK6F.s", line 1649: error: unknow
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but

> # pwd;echo $PATH;id;`which gcc` -v
> /tmp/orca-0.27b2
> /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin
> uid=0(root) gid=1(other)
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.0.2/specs
> Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/local/bin/as

You have a gcc that forms files for gnu as, but you are using solaris
as.  You need to fix one side or the other.  Either get a copy of gcc
that uses the native stuff, or get the gnu as in your path ahead of the
Solaris one (same thing for ld)

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company