[Orca-users] Re: Any ideas?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Aug 5 17:23:46 PDT 2002

kpacek wrote:

> I'm guessing you guys don't want to hear such questions, but I'm
> stumped.  configure went fine, but make dies with output below.
> Maybe something to do with "as"?

I understand that with Solaris, there's no need to use non system
as and ld.  I compiled an older version of gcc with the GNU as and ld
and had problems.

See this post by Casper Dik, a Solaris expert.

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/sf/sun/2000-q4/0141.html

I'd grab gcc 3.1.1, recompile it and make sure to use /usr/ccs/bin/as
and /usr/ccs/bin/ld.  You may want to rename /usr/local/bin/as and
/usr/local/bin/ld to as.old and ld.old, respectively, or make sure
that /usr/local/bin is not in your path when you configure gcc.