[Orca-users] (no subject)

isaac r. izsun at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 9 15:32:01 PST 2002

--- Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:

> > If I could use 'scp' could I add the code to the
> orcallator.se file?
>
> Yes.  You could probably edit the start_orcallator
> script to set the
> COMPRESSOR environmental variable to point to a
> shell script you write
> that compresses the files and scp/rsync's the
> compressed file to the
> Orca server.

Minor correction: you probably won't want to
scp the compressed file to the orca server because
then orca would have to uncompress it in order to read
the datapoints and update pngs/html.

I have a dedicated user (whose keys are on a managed
servers) that receives updated files every 10 minutes
via scp in unattended mode from ALL servers in the
environment.  These files are then placed into the
/opt/Orca tree where rrd and orca pick them up, read
the new datapoints, update the website ... and you're
done.

Regards,
-I