[Orca-users] update interval of png files

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Dec 16 23:50:02 PST 2002

Kumi Kitamura wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying Orca with RedHat to monitor performance of my applications.
> However it works fine, I'd like to update png file more frequently.
> I set "interval" to 10.
> The rrd files look updated each 10seconds correctly, but png files are
> updated each 5minutes.
> How can I configure that png will be updated each 10seconds?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks,

Hi Kumi,

After you changed the "interval", you need to delete all your *.rrd
files and have Orca recreate them.  This is because the RRD files are
created with the interval in mind and know how to perform consolidation
of the data.

BTW, what kind of data are you plotting?

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/