[Orca-users] update interval of png files

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Dec 17 08:43:01 PST 2002

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> At 11:49 PM 12/16/2002 -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> >Kumi Kitamura wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > > I'm trying Orca with RedHat to monitor performance of my applications.
> > > However it works fine, I'd like to update png file more frequently.
> > > I set "interval" to 10.
> > > The rrd files look updated each 10seconds correctly, but png files are
> > > updated each 5minutes.
> > > How can I configure that png will be updated each 10seconds?
> > >
> > > Any help will be appreciated.
> > > Thanks,
> > >

> >Hi Kumi,
> >
> >After you changed the "interval", you need to delete all your *.rrd
> >files and have Orca recreate them.  This is because the RRD files are
> >created with the interval in mind and know how to perform consolidation
> >of the data.
>
> Did you change both "#define SAMPLE_INTERVAL" in orcallator.se to 10 and
> change "interval" in orcallator.cfg to 10 ?

Are you using orcallator.se?  I saw you mention RedHat and assumed that
you're not using orcallator.se.

In addition, if you use start_orcallator to start orcallator.se, change
the interval in there to 10 and you won't need to change SAMPLE_INTERVAL
in orcallator.se.

Finally, the preferred way to change orcallator.se's interval is to pass
the interval on the command line.  Only if the interval is not passed on
the command line does orcallator.se use SAMPLE_INTERVAL.  This is how
start_orcallator passes the interval to orcallator.se.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/