[Orca-users] network vs. process swap

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Dec 19 10:36:01 PST 2002

[cc'ing orca-users.  Please make sure to do this in the future].

Bruce Shaw wrote:

> Toptool tells me that se and an ORACLE process are competing for top spot in
> CPU usage.
>
> There's nothing else all that exciting going on.
>
> Is the machine being cratered by ORACLE and too many users?  Yes.
>
> I still don't understand what that and/or toptool has to do with network
> (which on this particular box is pinned at "8.0" severity level).

Bruce,

Yes, Oracle should not have anything to do with the network issues.

I think I suggested the wrong program to run.  I think it's zoom.se
and looks like

http://www.sun.com/950901/columns/adrian/images/ruletool.gif

Run this one and let us know what it says about your network.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/