[Orca-users] Re: disk naming convention

vw393 lpizzinato at libero.it
Wed Feb 13 04:31:05 PST 2002

--- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> "lpizzinato at l..." wrote:
> >
> > Hi Orca gurus.
> >
> > My apologises to all those who consider this question a trivial one, I
> > don't have indeep experience with  orcallator.
> >
> > The problem I'm facing is related to disk naming convention. I wish to
> > see each disk as c?t?d? instead as sdd??, while at the moment I
see some
> > disks in a format and others in the other format.
> >
> > Which version of orcallator.cfg and/or orcallator.se should I use to
> > have a consistent view?
> >
> > Regards
> > Luca
>
> Can you list all the disks you see?
>
> There's no easy way to change orcallator.se, unless you want to go in
> there and make modifications to it.
>
> Best,
> Blair
>
> --
> Blair Zajac <blair at o...>
> Web and OS performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

Sure, I can see all disks, but the format is "mixed up". I have a
couple of c?t?d?, then a number of ssd???, then again some c?t?d? and
so forth.
What is strange is that, when I had the orcallator.cfg vers. 1.28b all
disks were named c?t?d? but were appearing all on the same graph,
pratically unreadable. Then I decided to use orcallator.cfg vers. 1.32
and I have 1 graph per disk (much better) but I get the annoying thing
of the naming convention. Don't understand why.

Thanks
Luca