[Orca-users] Re: disk naming convention

vw393 lpizzinato at libero.it
Wed Feb 13 05:18:03 PST 2002

--- In orca-users at y..., "vw393" <lpizzinato at l...> wrote:
> --- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> > "lpizzinato at l..." wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Orca gurus.
> > >
> > > My apologises to all those who consider this question a trivial
one, I
> > > don't have indeep experience with  orcallator.
> > >
> > > The problem I'm facing is related to disk naming convention. I
wish to
> > > see each disk as c?t?d? instead as sdd??, while at the moment I
> see some
> > > disks in a format and others in the other format.
> > >
> > > Which version of orcallator.cfg and/or orcallator.se should I use to
> > > have a consistent view?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Luca
> >
> > Can you list all the disks you see?
> >
> > There's no easy way to change orcallator.se, unless you want to go in
> > there and make modifications to it.
> >
> > Best,
> > Blair
> >
> > --
> > Blair Zajac <blair at o...>
> > Web and OS performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/
>

> Sure, I can see all disks, but the format is "mixed up". I have a
> couple of c?t?d?, then a number of ssd???, then again some c?t?d? and
> so forth.
> What is strange is that, when I had the orcallator.cfg vers. 1.28b all
> disks were named c?t?d? but were appearing all on the same graph,
> pratically unreadable. Then I decided to use orcallator.cfg vers. 1.32
> and I have 1 graph per disk (much better) but I get the annoying thing
> of the naming convention. Don't understand why.
>
> Thanks
> Luca

I've just noticed something I missed before: the graphs with the
c?t?d? names have been generated from perc* data logs created with
orcallator.se vers. 1.28b5. The ssd??? graphs are generated from
orcal* data logs created with orcallator.se vers. 1.32.
So, it seems that newer versions of orcallator.se retrieve the disk
name in a different way...

Regs
Luca