[Orca-users] Re: disk naming convention

vw393 lpizzinato at libero.it
Wed Feb 13 06:30:21 PST 2002

--- In orca-users at y..., "vw393" <lpizzinato at l...> wrote:
> --- In orca-users at y..., "vw393" <lpizzinato at l...> wrote:
> > --- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:

> one, I

> wish to
> > see some

> > > Can you list all the disks you see?
> > >
> > > There's no easy way to change orcallator.se, unless you want to
go in
> > > there and make modifications to it.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Blair
> > >
> > > --
> > > Blair Zajac <blair at o...>
> > > Web and OS performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/
> >

> > Sure, I can see all disks, but the format is "mixed up". I have a
> > couple of c?t?d?, then a number of ssd???, then again some c?t?d? and
> > so forth.
> > What is strange is that, when I had the orcallator.cfg vers. 1.28b all
> > disks were named c?t?d? but were appearing all on the same graph,
> > pratically unreadable. Then I decided to use orcallator.cfg vers. 1.32
> > and I have 1 graph per disk (much better) but I get the annoying thing
> > of the naming convention. Don't understand why.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Luca
>

> I've just noticed something I missed before: the graphs with the
> c?t?d? names have been generated from perc* data logs created with
> orcallator.se vers. 1.28b5. The ssd??? graphs are generated from
> orcal* data logs created with orcallator.se vers. 1.32.
> So, it seems that newer versions of orcallator.se retrieve the disk
> name in a different way...
>
> Regs
> Luca

Solved!
All, be aware that I'm *NOT* a developer, I just can read C code and
eventually do simple modificactions if necessary.
I went through the orcallator.se rel. 1.32 and modified line 1651,
from this

  put_output(sprintf("disk_runp_%s", RAW_disk[i].long_name),

to this

  put_output(sprintf("disk_runp_%s", GLOBAL_disk[i].info.long_name),

This was enough to keep the disk naming representation as the
"classic" c?t?d?

Regs
Luca