[Orca-users] Running continuously and upgrading to 0.28

bias16 list2002 at bias.org
Thu Feb 14 04:50:40 PST 2002

Thanks for the reply regarding rsync intervals.

I currently run orca through cron with -o.  I am unclear how to run
orca continuously.

* Would it be something like:

/bin/nohup /usr/local/orca/bin/orca /usr/local/orca/lib/orcallator.cfg
&

Also, I read somewhere that upgrading our current 0.26 implementation
to more recent (0.27b????, is there 0.28?) would help with the
performance of orca as new versions caches data.

* What is the easiest way to upgrade a few hundred servers?

* Can I just distribute the binary, .se, and .cfg files to all
systems?

* Does anything in /usr/local/orca dir stay the same?

* I'm assuming that server must run same version as client and all old
data (created with orca 0.26) will need to be deleted.  right?

I notice 2-hour delay performance problems with graphs after added a
few dozen high column (required to increase MAX_COLUMNS to 2048)
servers with scores of disk drives (EMC connected) and virtual NIC.
After rebooting last night, I notice graph start making completely.  I
think graph stop from last night had to do with lock file but it got
me going down this path to making orca run smoother.

Thanks,
Liston