[Orca-users] orca speed continued

bias16 list2002 at bias.org
Mon Feb 25 12:53:10 PST 2002

I forgot to add the following to last posting of things to do to
help address orca speed.

I read somewhere that orca only needs to read the percol files onces
to create rrd and orca can be sped up by removing these after single
instance of orca is executed.  I assume this helps because orca does
have to stat all these files it already got data from.

Once data is read into rrd, is there any harm in deleting flat files
in orcallator dir?  I would like to have weekly/monthly/yearly.  Would
my historic data survive a reboot if it is contained in rrd directory?

3) I was wondering if it would produce the same effect of deleting/
moving the percol files, as to modify the following in orcallator.cfg
to exclude .bz2 files.  My config bz2 the files daily, so I imagine I
would just be interested in non .bz2 files after first run.

find_files
/usr/local/orca/var/orca/orcallator/(.*)/(?:(?:orcallator)|(?:percol))-\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}(?:\.(?:Z|gz|bz2))?

Thanks,
Liston