[Orca-users] Re: Orca input files

Einar Johannesson einar at hp.is
Tue Feb 26 06:14:27 PST 2002

Hi.
I am reading data from HP Openview Network Node Manager binary snmp data
to generate ascii files for orca to generate plots.
Blair has told me how I could combine my data from two files into one file
in case I need to generate a graph that has both InOctets and OutOctets
for a particular interface.

My question is, if I have some cron job to generate the ascii files
is it ok to replace the contents of the orca input file with say
just the last 100 lines of the snmp collected data.
Will orca care if the old data it has read is missing from the input file ?

regards
Einar Johannesson
Opin Kerfi hf.
Iceland

--

Með bestu kveðju/Regards

Einar
Einar Johannesson                       tel. 354-570-1000 *
HP Openview Certified Consultant        fax. 354-570-1001 *
HP-UX Support/Consulting             mobile. 354-897-0338 *
Opin Kerfi hf.                      internet: einar at hp.is *
Hofdabakka 9      /                WWW: http://www.hp.is/ *
112 Reykjavik    /_  _                                    *
Iceland         / / /_/ authorized distributor iceland    *
                   /    - Openview authorized partner -   *