[Orca-users] Re: Round robin archive?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Jan 23 15:53:51 PST 2002

> Richard Brackett wrote:
>
> I'm attempting to run Orca for the first time and when I execute it I get the
> following output:
>
> onoc-netflow01:/usr/local/orca # /usr/local/bin/orca -once orca.conf
>
> /usr/local/bin/orca: making directory `/usr/local/orca/rrd/wizard'.
>
> /usr/local/bin/orca: RRDs::create error:
> `/usr/local/orca/rrd/wizard/absolute_GB.rrd' you must define at least one
> Round Robin Archive
>
> Orca has completed.
>
> I don't see any mention of a round robin archive in any of the docs.
>
> Can someone point me to something I can solve this with?

That's odd.

Which version of Orca, Perl, RRDs are you using?

Is the orca.conf a standard orcallator.cfg file?  If not, can you include it
with your response?

Orca uses the RRD toolset to build, store and plot its data.  To have a
good understanding of Orca you'll need to understand RRDtool.  Check out
the RRDtool package in Orca's packages/ directory.