[Orca-users] Re: coding of a custom data plot

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Tue Jan 29 06:36:24 PST 2002

nicholas at the-front.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read and re-read all of the documentation but I still have not
> figured out how to code the following piece of Orca plotting code as a
> single plot statement, can anybody tell me if this is possible, and if so
> how?

I.e. you want a single plot to hold both pairs of info?

> plot {
> title          %g HR11A Database Cache Hit Percentages
> source         oracle
> data           HR11A/((db_buff_cache_ratio|db_lib_cache_ratio))
> }
>
> plot {
> title          %g HR12A Database Cache Hit Percentages
> source         oracle
> data           HR12A/((db_buff_cache_ratio|db_lib_cache_ratio))

I'm not completely sure, but I think you want to do that back in the
'group' section.  (... blathering deleted, once I started I realized I
was doing it wrong!)

Oh, wait.  won't this work:

plot {
data	(HR12A|HR11A)/((db_buff_cache_ratio|db_lib_cache_ratio))
}

And if not, then THIS should work (but I AM just guessing):

plot {
data	((HR12A/db_buff_cache_ratio)|(HR12A/db_lib_cache_ratio)|(HR11A/db_buff_cache_ratio)|(HR11A/db_lib_cache_ratio))
}

If I'm totally offbase, I'm sure we'll hear about it ;-)

rc