[Orca-users] Re: coding of a custom data plot

nicholas_penney nicholas at the-front.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 08:00:18 PST 2002

Rusty,

thanks for the info, but I guess I was not clear in defining the
problem.

I have data called HRxxA/db_buff_cache_ratio and
HRxxA/db_lib_cache_ratio (where the xx is currently 11 or 12 but will
expand to a larger range).

I am trying to code the plot statement so that a single statement
(ideally without the 2 digits in the prefixes being defined so that I
do not have to update it as more are added).  The plot statement
should produce a single plot for each occurance of HRxxA with each
plot having both db_buff_cache_ratio and db_lib_cache_ratio variables
plotted.

--- In orca-users at y..., Rusty Carruth <rcarruth at t...> wrote:
> nicholas at t... wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have read and re-read all of the documentation but I still have
not
> > figured out how to code the following piece of Orca plotting code
as a
> > single plot statement, can anybody tell me if this is possible,
and if so
> > how?
>
> I.e. you want a single plot to hold both pairs of info?
>

> > plot {
> > title          %g HR11A Database Cache Hit Percentages
> > source         oracle
> > data           HR11A/((db_buff_cache_ratio|db_lib_cache_ratio))
> > }
> >
> > plot {
> > title          %g HR12A Database Cache Hit Percentages
> > source         oracle
> > data           HR12A/((db_buff_cache_ratio|db_lib_cache_ratio))
>
> I'm not completely sure, but I think you want to do that back in the
> 'group' section.  (... blathering deleted, once I started I
realized I
> was doing it wrong!)
>
> Oh, wait.  won't this work:
>
> plot {
> data	(HR12A|HR11A)/((db_buff_cache_ratio|db_lib_cache_ratio))
> }
>
> And if not, then THIS should work (but I AM just guessing):
>
> plot {
> data	((HR12A/db_buff_cache_ratio)|(HR12A/db_lib_cache_ratio)|
(HR11A/db_buff_cache_ratio)|(HR11A/db_lib_cache_ratio))