[Orca-users] Re: Problem starting orcallator.se

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Jul 16 12:23:05 PDT 2002

kua tom wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed the  Orca with orcallator.se-1.34 on Solaris 2.5.1 and
>     setool kits 3.0 with gigabit Ethernet 2.0 card.
> But I have problem starting up the orcallator.se . The errors were  :
>
> Fatal: member: ifspeed vanished!: Near line 292
>
> I had enabled the SE_PATCHES options as  mentioned in the FAQ but it still
> failed . Any workaround  ??

Specifically the -DHME_PATCH_IFSPEED one?  Also, what did you set MAX_IF
to?  It should be larger than the number of Ethernet interfaces on your
system.

Finally, looking through the email archive, it appears this problem goes
away if you are running the latest Solaris patches on your system.  Are
you doing this?