[Orca-users] too many targets!

jannev66 mtb at nac.net
Fri Jul 19 11:46:58 PDT 2002

I was wondering if someone could possibly point me in the right
direction here...

My list of targets has become quite large, so I want to segregate the
list into some meaningful groups.  I have a mechanism to do this...
basically I run a script that pulls a host classification from a
database, but I'm not sure how to approach making these changes to
orca.

Basically, I would like a main index page to list all the groups, and
clicking on one of them would bring you to a list of available
targets for that group only.

So, I would need a seperate index page for each group.  What would be
the best way to approach this?  I'm no perl guru, but I can hack my
way through... but I'm not sure what the most efficient approach
would be.

Right now, all the performance data lives under /orca/data/$hostname
on the orca server.  Would it be easier to change the orca code to
deal with this, or to change the directory structure so that it looks
like /orca/data/groupname/hostname?

By the way, everyone here is really impressed with orca... it leaves
the other products we've seen in the dust.  One of my coworkers has
produced an aix version... it's actually based on the procallator
linux script, but it works.  So we have support for Solaris, Linux,
and AIX.  If anyone is interested I'll upload it here.

Thanks!