[Orca-users] Re: Daily statistics

dmitryb17 dberezin at surfside.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 26 12:59:23 PDT 2002

--- In orca-discuss at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> dmitryb17 wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a couple of questions.
> > First, how can I control for how long Orca would keep my data (I
> > think I saw this being mentioned somewhere, but can't find it any
> > longer)?
>
> The source data files or the data stored in the RRD files?

Both.
And for now, I am only getting data from orcallator.se.

> > Second, how are monthly and yearly averages being calculating? Are
> > they constantly updated with new data?
>
> They use just a simple average of the measured data.
>

> > Third, (this is probably tricky), is there a way to have Orca
create
> > and keep daily graphs for many different days? I need to be able
> > there a way to control how daily, monthly, etc. graphs are being
> > generated.
>
> You can set up a cron job to copy the html directory every day at
> midnight.  In contrib/rotate_orca_graphs/ is a script you can use
> to help automate this process.

Is there a good way to automate this: rename daily html pages and
graphs to the daily{date} format and create links on the main page to
those daily pages. I do understand that I could write a lot of
different scripts to help me do that, I just don't want to reinvent
the weel if this functionality already exist.

Thank you.

  Dmitry.