[Orca-users] Re: Problem with http://www.orcaware.com

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Jun 26 17:04:58 PDT 2002

Kalpesh Patel wrote:

> Hi Blair,
>
> I am not sure how to submit this to future inclusion so here it goes. Please
> let me know if there is another mechanism by which I can submit this for
> inclusion for the future.
>
> I have modified lines 1992 to 2005 of version 1.32 of  orcallator.se which
> is as follows:
>
>   1992    /*
>   1993     * Sometimes HTTP/1.x is not listed in the access log.  Skip it
>   1994     * if it does exist.  Load the error/success code.
>   1995     */
>   1996    word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   1997    if (word == nil) {
>   1998      return;
>   1999    }
>   2000    if (word =~ "HTTP" || word =~ "http") {
>   2001      word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   2002      if (word == nil) {
>   2003        return;
>   2004      }
>   2005    }
>
> to as follows:
>
>   1992    /*
>   1993     * Sometimes HTTP/1.x or Real Server Application-layer
> protocol/version pair
>   1994     * is not listed in the access log.  Skip it if it does exist.
>   1995     * Load the error/success code.
>   1996     */
>   1997    word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   1998    if (word == nil) {
>   1999      return;
>   2000    }
>   2001    if (word =~ "HTTP" || word =~ "http") {
>   2002      word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   2003      if (word == nil) {
>   2004        return;
>   2005      }
>   2006    }
>   2007    if (word =~ "PNA" || word =~ "RTSP") {
>   2008      word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   2009      if (word == nil) {
>   2010        return;
>   2011      }
>   2012    }
>   2013    if (word =~ "PNAT" || word =~ "RTSPT") {
>   2014      word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   2015      if (word == nil) {
>   2016        return;
>   2017      }
>   2018    }
>   2019    if (word =~ "PNAH" || word =~ "RTSPH") {
>   2020      word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   2021      if (word == nil) {
>   2022        return;
>   2023      }
>   2024    }
>   2025    if (word =~ "PNAM" || word =~ "RTSPM") {
>   2026      word = strtok(nil, " ");
>   2027      if (word == nil) {
>   2028        return;
>   2029      }
> 2030 }
>
> This allows me to specify Real Server's log file if though they are Web
> Server log files. I did not create #ifdef/#endif block since the code will
> allow the Orca to pass through if the log files contains only HTTP
> protocol/version pair.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kalpesh.

Hi Kalpesh,

[cc'ing orca-users mailing list].

Thanks for the submission.

Could you send this as a unified diff format?  This is the standard
format to submit patches to people.  To generate it, you would do
something like this:

1) Download the original version of orcallator.se, ie
   wget http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/orcallator.se-1.32.txt
   mv orcallator.se-1.32.txt orcallator.se
2) Make a copy of it
   cp -p orcallator.se orcallator.se.orig
3) Edit your copy
   vi orcallator.se
4) Make the diff
   diff -u orcallator.se.orig orcallator.se > orcallator.se.patch.txt
5) Email the patch.  I put the .txt at the end of the file's name
   so that Netscape users can just click on the attachment since
   its a text file.

Put a patch together and I'll include it in the next orcallator.se
release.

Also, the best place to submit patches and contact me for Orca work
is at one of the Orca users mailing lists listed at

    http://www.orcaware.com/orca/mailing_lists.html