[Orca-users] higher rev rrdtool/perl/etc with orca

JV711 jv711 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 30 23:00:52 PDT 2002

Hi All -

orca 0.27b2 comes bundled with rrdtool 1.0.33 but my upgrade from
Solaris 2.6 to 8 changed the path of perl from
/usr/local/perl/bin/perl to the Solaris 8 default. In re-installing
orca, I thought I'd be slick and graft in Tobi O's new rrdtool
1.0.39...

Looks messy, .pm module version mismatch errors, etc. Have I bitten
off more than I can chew? Does anybody here run newer versions the
sub-components, or is Blair Z a one-man software QA team and I should
just accept the bundled stuff as canonical?

Thanks in Advance for your advice -
JV