[Orca-users] Re: orca error

Alvin Anh Trinh atrinh at ureach.com
Fri Mar 8 06:23:31 PST 2002

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Fri, 08 Mar 2002, anwarkhan11 (anwarkhan11 at hotmail.com)
wrote:

> --- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> > anwarkhan11 wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, I got the following error when I run ./bin/orca -v
> > > lib/orcallator.cfg. Can some one help and I wanna to know
which
> > > command should I run to get the graphical report.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Anwar
> > >
> > > ./bin/orca -v lib/orcallator.cfg
> > > Ambiguous use of require => resolved to "require" => at
> > > /test/orca/lib/Orca/Config
> > > .pm line 76.
> > > Ambiguous use of {require} resolved to {"require"} at
> > > /test/orca/lib/Orca/Config.p
> > > m line 314.
> > > Ambiguous use of {require} resolved to {"require"} at
> > > /test/orca/lib/Orca/Config.p
> > > m line 315.
> > > Ambiguous use of {index} resolved to {"index"} at
> > > /test/orca/lib/Orca/Config.pm li
> > > ne 1009.
> > > Ambiguous use of {index} resolved to {"index"} at
> > > /test/orca/lib/Orca/Config.pm li
> > > ne 1018.
> > > Ambiguous use of {index} resolved to {"index"}
at ./bin/orca line
> 707.
> > > Ambiguous use of {index} resolved to {"index"}
at ./bin/orca line
> 707.
> > > Error in option spec: "verbose+"
> > > Error in option spec: "SCALAR(0x1e926c)"
> >
> > That's the right command.
> >
> > This looks like you are using an old version of Perl.
Which version
> > do you have?
> >
> > If you are running on Solaris, Linux or Windows, I would
download
> the
> > precompiled Perl binary from
> >
> > http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Get.plex?
id=ActivePerl

> > and install that.  For other OSes, download and compile

http://downloads.ActiveState.com/ActivePerl/src/5.6/AP631_source
.tgz

> > Best,
> > Blair
> >
> > --
> > Blair Zajac <blair at o...>
> > Web and OS performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/
>

> Hi I got Perl version 5.004_04, do u think that i should
install
> Perl 5.6, and after installing this how which command or
script I can
> run to get the graphic results, I know it must be very simple
but I am
> new to orca.
>  Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if there is a command in Orca to get the graph.
But I know one way to get the graph is via netscape browser.
Check your html_dir variable in orcallator.cfg and see where it
set to.  The index.html file should be in html_dir path, you
can access to this page locally on this box if you have
netscape install, or you need to install a webserver (like
apache) on this box to access from your PC or anywhere.

Good Luck,

Alvin