[Orca-users] Re: orca error

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Mar 8 09:35:10 PST 2002

anwarkhan11 wrote:

> Hi I got Perl version 5.004_04, do u think that i should install
> Perl 5.6, and after installing this how which command or script I can
> run to get the graphic results, I know it must be very simple but I am
> new to orca.
> Thanks in advance

Yes, you definitely need a newer version of Perl.  Use one of the following
URLs:

http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Get.plex?id=ActivePerl
http://downloads.ActiveState.com/ActivePerl/src/5.6/AP631_source.tgz

After installing this, rerun Orca's configure and make sure it finds the
new Perl.  After this, it should make plots just fine, assuming everything
else is set up properly.  You'll probably need to recompile the required
Perl modules for the new version of Perl.