[Orca-users] Re: Installing Orca help

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at Tempe.ate.slb.com
Mon Mar 11 11:55:18 PST 2002

"muksyed" <muksyed at yahoo.com> wrote:

> INSTALL doc and have followed the steps.  However, the installation
> instructions does not tell you to install apache webserver and
> configure it so that the percol-* files are displayed as HTML files
> in the webserver.
> Anything I am missing here?  Does the orcallator.cfg file does it all
> for you.  How?
> I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks
> -Mukarram

The html files must be in a place that the apache server will serve
requests from.

For example, if the apache html root is /htmlfiles, then you need
to put the output files (including the html files, of course ;-)
somewhere in /htmlfiles.  So from that point of view, yes,
orcallator.cfg will do it all for you if you just have it put
the output files where apache sees them (and people know to look! ;-)

(If you allow users to have their own web pages, you could even put
the html from orcallator in a personal page somewhere (like ~user/public_html
for those webservers that use that paradigm ;-))

rc