[Orca-users] Re: grouping columns in a plot

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Wed Mar 13 07:53:18 PST 2002

"vw393" <lpizzinato at libero.it> wrote:
> Well, I do have already 1 single file generated each day.
>
> Each single file is made by a *big* number of columns, 554 to be
> pricise, of whom 498 are disk_runp_c?t?d? columns. So I get 554 plots
> in the daily html page.
>
> What I wish to achieve is to group together in few plots the
> disk_runp_c?t?d? columns, let's say per controller, so that all the
> disk_runp_c1??? diagrams go all together in a plot, all
> disk_runp_c2??? in another plot, etc., reducing this way the number of
> graphics in the html page.
>
> Is this easily feasible?
>
> Regs
> Luca

Oh, yeah.  Sorry, I misunderstood (jumped to wrong conclusion)

Lets see.  If I had a bunch of these kind of things:

plot {
title                   %g example plot 1
source                  perflogging
data                    disk_runp_c0t0d0
line_type               area
line_type               line1
legend                  foo
legend                  foo2
y_legend                foo3
}

plot {
title                   %g example plot 2
source                  perflogging
data                    disk_runp_c0t0d1
line_type               area
line_type               line1
legend                  foo
legend                  foo2
y_legend                foo3
}

I can turn them into a single plot by merging them into this:

plot {
title                   %g example plot 1 and 2 combined
source                  perflogging
data                    disk_runp_c0t0d0
data                    disk_runp_c0t0d1
line_type               area
line_type               line1
legend                  foo
legend                  foo2
y_legend                foo3
}

So, you want to split the 2nd form up into the first.  If the conclusion
I jumped to is right THIS time ;-)  Or maybe the first into the 2nd - yeah,
that's the ticket.

rc