[Orca-users] Re: Customizing Orca Web Page

Sean O'Neill sean at seanoneill.info
Wed Oct 9 09:44:38 PDT 2002

At 09:27 AM 10/9/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Nicholas,
>But only one server is at my disposal for Orca.
>I am sure there is another way to do it by modifying
>the config file or any of the html files.
>Regards,
>-Mukarram Syed.

I think that point Nicholas is making below is its up to you.  Just create
a simple web page breaking this up as he describes.  Just because
everything is being collected/graphed on the same machine doesn't matter.

The problem with modifying the config files and/or html files is you are
going to have to manage the deltas when you upgrade to the next release of
Orca - not something I would look forward to.

Sounds like you are looking that uses a config file to categorize machines
into classes (dev, prod, whatever).  It then generates a HTML page with
whatever template you want pointing to the existing Orca HTML
files.  Shouldn't be that hard to create.

Assuming you create this, I'm sure other Orca users would be interested in
using something like this - I know I would.

Sean