[Orca-users] Re: Customizing Orca Web Page

Liston Bias list2002 at bias.org
Wed Oct 9 10:22:57 PDT 2002

As Sean indicates, you could alter the config files (orcallator.cfg) so
you have a separate one for each group of data.  As indicated, you would
have to keep track of delts if you upgrade cfg.

An example of doing these changes to orcallator.cfg:

1) Put your orcallator data into separate directories and define:

    find_files

2) Alter the following dirs as desired also.

    html_dir
    base_dir

3) Then, just start your orca process separately.

- Liston

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Sean O'Neill wrote:

> At 09:27 AM 10/9/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> >Thanks Nicholas,
> >But only one server is at my disposal for Orca.
> >I am sure there is another way to do it by modifying
> >the config file or any of the html files.
> >Regards,
> >-Mukarram Syed.
>
> I think that point Nicholas is making below is its up to you.  Just create
> a simple web page breaking this up as he describes.  Just because
> everything is being collected/graphed on the same machine doesn't matter.
>
> The problem with modifying the config files and/or html files is you are
> going to have to manage the deltas when you upgrade to the next release of
> Orca - not something I would look forward to.
>
> Sounds like you are looking that uses a config file to categorize machines
> into classes (dev, prod, whatever).  It then generates a HTML page with
> whatever template you want pointing to the existing Orca HTML
> files.  Shouldn't be that hard to create.
>
> Assuming you create this, I'm sure other Orca users would be interested in
> using something like this - I know I would.
>
> Sean
>
> >--- Nicholas Penney <nicholas at the-front.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I had the same dilemma a while back and resolved it
> > > by splitting my
> > > orca processing by running it on three servers, 1
> > > dev, 1 test and 1
> > > prod and producing my own simple web page on one of
> > > the servers that
> > > just lists dev/test/prod (and how many of each are
> > > being plotted) and
> > > links to the relevant orca server.
> > >
> > > Simple, but it works!
> > >
> > > --- In orca-users at y..., Mukarram Syed <muksyed at y...>

> > > great
> > > it
> > > will
> > > it
> > > production
> > > all
> > > guess
> > > touch
> > > but I

> > > More

> >=====
> >Mukarram Syed
> >muksyed at yahoo.com

> >Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos & More
> >http://faith.yahoo.com
> >

> --
>
> Sean O'Neill

- Liston Bias                       The key to being a good manager is
  Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    keeping the people who hate me away
  Alumnus of Florida State Univ     from those who are still undecided.
                                                    -- Casey Stengal
  bias at pobox.com
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias