[Orca-users] Newbie Question

Scipioni, Christopher Christopher.Scipioni at usa.xerox.com
Thu Oct 24 07:01:53 PDT 2002

I apologize ahead of time, unfortunately yahoo groups are blocked where I am
and I cannot search the archives, so here goes.

I installed Orca and configured it to work with the orcallator.se from the
SE Toolkit on Solaris 8.  When I run the start_orcallator script, that part
works and the orcallator-date files are created in:
/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/servername correctly.  When I try to run
orca, I get the following output:

root at server# bin/orca -v lib/orcallator.cfg
Name "Orca::Config::fc" used only once: possible typo at bin/orca line 979.
Orca version 0.26beta1 using RRDs version 1.000401.
bin/orca: warning: cannot open state file
`/usr/local/var/orca/rrd/orcallator/orca.state' for reading: No such file or
directory
Creating orca.gif.
Creating rrdtool.gif.
Finding files and setting up data structures at Thu Oct 24 08:46:09 2002.
bin/orca: warning: no files found for `find_files' for `group orcallator' in
`lib/orcallator.cfg'.
bin/orca: no data source files found.
 RSS  VSZ %MEM        TIME     USER   PID COMMAND
4704 5392  3.9        0:01     root  3608 /usr/local/bin/perl
Current running time is 0:00 minutes.

Is there anything that I'm missing?  If I create a blank orca.state file it
then says that it's reading the state from the state file, but the rest is
still the same.  There are no files in /usr/local/var/orca/rrd/orcallator.

I have not modified the orcallator.cfg file other than to add my email
address in for the email_warn parameter and when I compiled orca, this was
how I did it:

root at server# ./configure --with-html-dir=/usr/local/apache/htdocs/orcallator
--with-ncsa-log=/usr/local/apache/logs/access.log

Any assistance is appreciated!  Thanks ahead of time.