[Orca-users] data accuracy issues

Jon A. Tankersley jon.tankersley at eds.com
Tue Apr 29 08:43:01 PDT 2003

I've taken a crack at allowing the config file to specify an option to
pass to rrdtool for other consolidation functions instead of AVERAGE,
but
I've run into a snag.

Given a new plot sub-command of
    cf    [AVERAGE|MAX|MIN]  (default is AVERAGE, how it works today)
I can get the plot stuff to identify the the 'cf' tag, but I can't seem
get RRDFile to see the plot_ref->{cf} tag.
It is set up so that a data VALUE can be MAX/MIN, not all data, though a

global setting would be much easier to build in.

For now, I'm just building BOTH AVERAGE and MAX (hardcoded because of
the problem), if I can get it to recognize it it will be trivial to add
MIN
also.

Any ideas how to get RRDFile.pm to recognize the ImageFile::plot_ref
structure?

if (defined $ImageFile::plot_ref->{cf}[$i]) {     # ask for max only
   push(@options, "RRA:MAX:0.5:$rra_pdp_count:$RRA_ROW_COUNTS[$i]");
} else {                                          # not set, default avg

   push(@options, "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:$rra_pdp_count:$RRA_ROW_COUNTS[$i]");

   # until it can be properly determined.... add MAX also.
   push(@options,"RRA:MAX:0.5:$rra_pdp_count:$RRA_ROW_COUNTS[$i]");
}

Any ideas?