[Orca-users] orcallator

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Aug 6 17:51:36 PDT 2003

Rajesh Verma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to understand as per the INSTALL document.
>
> I installed orca-0.27 in Redhat 8.0 (Server)
>
> I installed RICHPse on Sun Server Solaris 8 (client). I tested the se
> program..
>
> # se zoom.se
> This works..... I tried toptool.se .. that works but there is some
> color problems as Xsun is 8bit..(this is not the real problem)
>
> Now I got confused when I reached 10th step ....
> Do I have to install orca on Sun Server too.

No, just orcallator.se and SE.

> as in 10.c section it says to examine the Orca/orcallator and
> start_orcallator etc...
> and on 10.d to do
>
> # make orcallator_run_at_boot
>
> Please help me with these steps??

This rule is a short cut.  If you look at the Makefile rule, you'll see
this:

orcallator_run_at_boot: all
        -$(RM) /etc/init.d/orcallator /etc/rc0.d/K01orcallator
        -$(RM) /etc/rc1.d/K01orcallator /etc/rc3.d/S99orcallator
        $(INSTALL) -m 0744 S99orcallator /etc/init.d/orcallator
        ln /etc/init.d/orcallator /etc/rc0.d/K01orcallator
        ln /etc/init.d/orcallator /etc/rc1.d/K01orcallator
        ln /etc/init.d/orcallator /etc/rc3.d/S99orcallator

Just run these commands to get orcallator.se to start at boot
on your system.  Of course, S99orcallator has been configured
by configure to know where orcallator.se is installed on your
system.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/