[Orca-users] Successful ORCA user

Rajesh Verma Rajesh.Verma at PalmettoHealth.org
Wed Aug 20 13:09:12 PDT 2003

can you please tell us more about it, better way  to utilize orca for
AIX performance data.

-Rajesh

>>> "Yu, Tom" <tyu at networksolutions.com> 8/20/2003 3:51:22 PM >>>
Though I don't use this interesting script, but I think the script was
created for AIX 4.3.3 or lower version. You may fix it easily. The
reason of
"can't divide by zero" is from the new file system called /proc newly
introduced in AIX5L. By the way, there are some better ways to utilize
orca
for AIX performance data. You'd better to modify orcallator.cfg to show
all
AIX specific metrics instead of feeding AIX data to orcallator.cfg
which is
primarily created for Solaris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Verma [mailto:Rajesh.Verma at palmettohealth.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 2:46 PM
To: Jaouich.Cyril at hydro.qc.ca
Cc: orca-users at orcaware.com
Subject: Re: RE : [Orca-users] Successful ORCA user

GOT IT. IT WORKS.
The path on REDHAT for rsync is /usr/bin that was the problem.

THANKS YOU ALL.

Blair did you get the AIX script from Cyril.

Also Cyril, were you able to figure out the problem with the line 233
in your script regarding "can't divide by zero" .
For now I comented out the disk usage column.

Thanks
Rajesh

>>> <Jaouich.Cyril at hydro.qc.ca> 8/20/2003 11:42:50 AM >>>
Here is what I put for rsync with ssh:

5,15,25,35,45,55 * * * * /usr/local/bin/rsync
--rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync -az -e /usr/local/bin/ssh
aixbox1:"/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/aixbox1"
/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator > /dev/null 2>&1

You should be able to take the cmd and stick it into the crontab. What
is
the error you are getting?

	Thanks

Cyril Jaouich (Consultant Unix)
Support technique des infrastructures Unix
Tél: 514-840-3000x5527