[Orca-users] Orca: file `<path tothefile>/orcallator-2003-12-16-082' didexist and is now gone.

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Dec 16 11:52:01 PST 2003

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:

> >Can you double check to see the filenames of the output orcallator
> >data files that are more than a day old?
>
> For this particular system, currently, there are 166 .bz2 files for
> today's date.  There is also one "raw" (no .bz2) file for today. So yes,
> they are getting compressed.
>
> Why does it only complain about the one file missing when all of them have
> been compressed and renamed?  I can see the compressed (.bz2) version of
> the file it is complaining about.

Orca (not orcallator.se) is complaining because it had an open file
descriptor to the file and then the file was compressed and deleted
(kinda stolen from Orca's point of view).

> >When configure runs it finds the best compression program on your
> >system and by default sets up start_orcallator to pass to orcallator.se
> >the COMPRESS environmental variable, which is used by orcallator.se
> >to compress its output data files after it's finished writing them.
>
> How can I tell orcallator to look for compressed ".bz2" filenames instead
> of raw (no .bz2 filename extension) files?

You don't tell orcallator anything.  I think you mean orca.pl instead?
And you don't need to tell orca, as the orcallator.cfg already checks
for .Z, .gz and .bz2 files.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/