[Orca-users] Orca: file `<path to thefile>/orcallator-2003-12-16-082' didexist and is now gone.

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com
Tue Dec 16 11:42:22 PST 2003

>Can you double check to see the filenames of the output orcallator
>data files that are more than a day old?

For this particular system, currently, there are 166 .bz2 files for
today's date.  There is also one "raw" (no .bz2) file for today. So yes,
they are getting compressed.

Why does it only complain about the one file missing when all of them have
been compressed and renamed?  I can see the compressed (.bz2) version of
the file it is complaining about.

>When configure runs it finds the best compression program on your
>system and by default sets up start_orcallator to pass to orcallator.se
>the COMPRESS environmental variable, which is used by orcallator.se
>to compress its output data files after it's finished writing them.

How can I tell orcallator to look for compressed ".bz2" filenames instead
of raw (no .bz2 filename extension) files?

Thank you,

Jeff