[Orca-users] Orca: file `<path to thefile>/orcallator-2003-12-16-082' didexist and is now gone.

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Dec 16 11:07:54 PST 2003

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:

> Blair,
>
> > They are not getting lost.  Check out the FAQ:
> >
> >  2.4) Warning: file `.../orcallator/host1/orcallator-2001-11-06-000'
> >       did exist and is now gone.
> >
> > I assume you are compressing them so they end up with a new name.
>
> I am not compressing them.  How would they otherwise becoming compressed?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jeff

[cc'ing orca-users.  please keep the mailing list discussions on
the lists.  thank you]

Jeff,

Can you double check to see the filenames of the output orcallator
data files that are more than a day old?

When configure runs it finds the best compression program on your
system and by default sets up start_orcallator to pass to orcallator.se
the COMPRESS environmental variable, which is used by orcallator.se
to compress its output data files after it's finished writing them.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/