[Orca-users] Re: [Orca-dev] Linux monitoring

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Feb 19 21:40:00 PST 2003

kim.taylor at pncbank.com wrote:

> I'm a long-time Orca user and have just begun to build out some Linux
> servers.
>
> Now begins the search for an orcallator.se equivalent for Linux.  I see
> scant trails from others on the same trek before me.
>
> Is procallator being actively developed or was it a one-time effort?

It is being worked on (slowly) and patches to it are welcome.  If you
have some patches, wait for the next patch to go in.

> Is the Orca mailing list the best or only place to watch for news on
> procallator developments?

Yes, the orca-dev and orca-checkins mailing lists are the best places
to watch and discuss development.

> Are there any enhancements newer that what I find under

Not yet, but there are some patches waiting to go in.

> I see others making reference to sysstat, libgtop, and 'sar tools' for
> monitoring Linux performance.  Are there other tools I should get
> acquainted with?

No that I'm aware of.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/