[Orca-users] Hopefully a simple question

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Jan 3 18:00:38 PST 2003

Will wrote:

> First, thanks to Paul Beard for helping out with my installation.
>
> I have it running on one system (Sune E250).  While I'm trying to
> convince the higher ups otherwise, the webservers this will
> eventually be installed on are not using NFS for security purposes.
> What is the drawback to not listing those mount points in
> the /etc/vfstab file?  It seems to still collect the data.  And since
> the machines are running iPlanet 4.1SP3 Enterprise webserver, I can
> view it from any PC in the company.
>
> Thanks guys
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Late response here, going through my Inbox for the new year.

There's no issue with not using NFS as long as you can get the
data from each host running orcallator.se to the main Orca host.
NFS is only used for moving the data from the orcallator.se hosts
to the Orca hosts, so if can do that without NFS, then there's
no issue for you.

Happy New Year!

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/