[Orca-users] Re: Cc compile error when building Orca 0.27

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Tue Jun 17 12:17:01 PDT 2003

> http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl>
> >
> >   This binary will include more recent versions of some modules,
> >   so you may not need to install as many modules from Orca.
>
> The problem with this version of Perl (last time I checked) is that it
> breaks the kstat command.  If you don't know what it is, don't worry about
> it.

The kstat script on Solaris depends only on having /usr/perl5/bin/perl
present.  Newer versions of perl may be installed and may use the
/usr/bin/perl link, but you should leave the old one in
/usr/perl5/5.00503.

I haven't tried the activestate version myself, but assumed that it did
not touch any other versions of perl on the machine.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company