[Orca-users] Orca Linux

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Mar 13 16:04:45 PST 2003

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> At 02:25 PM 3/13/2003 -0600, Liston Bias wrote:
> >I just implement procallator data gather for linux and associated
> >orcallator.cfg file.  It seems to work great, however, I'm hearing about
> >folks "preferring" some of the linux orca graphs vs. solaris.  Do other
> >hear this also?
> >
> >I haven't really looked at the difference yet.  I figure most of the data
> >is being collected already (like the flatline CPU count on load graph) and
> >I just need to adjust to *.cfg configuration.
>
> Could you be a bit more specific about what folks apparently like better
> about the Linux graphs ?  I'm curious about this.

Me too.

One of the things I just noticed was that the procollator ethernet
bandwidth plots have the loopback interface (lo) which has much more
traffic than my two Ethernet cards, so I'm considering removing it
from the plot and potentially creating another plot for it.

Comments?

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/