[Orca-users] Orca Linux

Liston Bias bias at pobox.com
Thu Mar 13 20:38:50 PST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Sean O'Neill wrote:
> >
> > At 02:25 PM 3/13/2003 -0600, Liston Bias wrote:
> > >I just implement procallator data gather for linux and associated
> > >orcallator.cfg file.  It seems to work great, however, I'm hearing about
> > >folks "preferring" some of the linux orca graphs vs. solaris.  Do other
> > >hear this also?
> > >
> > >I haven't really looked at the difference yet.  I figure most of the data
> > >is being collected already (like the flatline CPU count on load graph) and
> > >I just need to adjust to *.cfg configuration.
> >
> > Could you be a bit more specific about what folks apparently like better
> > about the Linux graphs ?  I'm curious about this.
>
> Me too.
>
> One of the things I just noticed was that the procollator ethernet
> bandwidth plots have the loopback interface (lo) which has much more
> traffic than my two Ethernet cards, so I'm considering removing it
> from the plot and potentially creating another plot for it.
>
> Comments?

In briefly looking, it looks like it has this additional data:

 flat line on load graph
 page in/out rates
 swap in/out rates
 Context switches & Interrupts rate
 IP statistics (forwarding rate, Inreceive rate, etc)
 TCP stats (Active opens, Passive opens, CurrEst rate, etc)
 ICMP stats
 UDP stats (Indatagrams, noports, inerrors, outdatagrams)

Linux graphs temporariliy at:

  http://www.solarisadmin.com/orca/linux/

- Liston

- Liston Bias                       You can't build a reputation on
  Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    what you are going to do.
  Alumnus of Florida State Univ     		     -- Henry Ford

  bias at pobox.com
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias