[Orca-users] Re: Too many Disk graphs

JV JV711 at socal.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 01:53:27 PST 2003

I know it's a known bug - if you ever move disks or controllers or i/o
boards I think you're stuck with the duplicates for life. What I would like
to know from fellow orca users:

1. Has anybody played with sed'ing the interior of a datafile to reduce this
duplicate graph problem?

2. ever experiment with turning OFF that disk collection parameter? Would I
comment out something in orcallator.se? Do I have to find and disable it's
twin in orcallator.cfg or I'll get a bunch of ugly errors during the orca
cycle run?

How much overhead is there for some of the obscure parameters that perhaps
your shop does not find very interesting? I am thinking of "skinnying down"
what orcallator.se collects to reduce the "orca -o orcallator.cfg" cycle run
times.

Thx,
JV