[Orca-users] Re: Too many Disk graphs

Gary Kakazu gary.kakazu at berbee.com
Fri Mar 28 13:37:48 PST 2003

I investigated this a while ago and found a fix the reduced the number
of duplicate graphs, but did not necessarily eliminate all duplicates.
This fix is primarily helpful when the order of the columns gets
rearranged in you orcallator file. The fix won't help if you mount and
umount 1 or more file systems over a period of time.

Here's a context diff of what I did (basically just sort 2 lists):

*** SourceFile.pm.orig  Thu Feb  6 14:58:40 2003
--- SourceFile.pm       Fri Feb  7 14:49:29 2003
***************
*** 709,715 ****

      # Generate a new plot for these data.
      my $image;
!     my $all_names_with_subgroup = join(',', @name_with_subgroup);
      if (defined ($image =
$image_files_ref->{hash}{$all_names_with_subgroup})){
        $image->add_rrds(@my_rrds);
      } else {

!     my $all_names_with_subgroup = join(',', sort @name_with_subgroup);
      if (defined ($image =
$image_files_ref->{hash}{$all_names_with_subgroup})){
        $image->add_rrds(@my_rrds);
      } else {
***************
*** 716,722 ****
        $image = Orca::ImageFile->new($group_index,
                                      $subgroup_name,
                                      join(',', @my_short_rrds),
!                                     join(',', @name_without_subgroup),
                                      $plot,
                                      $rrd_data_files_ref,
                                      \@my_rrds);
--- 716,722 ----
        $image = Orca::ImageFile->new($group_index,
                                      $subgroup_name,
                                      join(',', @my_short_rrds),
!                                     join(',', sort
@name_without_subgroup),
                                      $plot,
                                      $rrd_data_files_ref,
                                      \@my_rrds);