[Orca-users] orca data in human readable form

Sean O'Neill sean at seanoneill.info
Fri May 16 07:48:40 PDT 2003

At 10:23 AM 5/16/2003 -0400, jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:
>Is there a simple way to be able to get all of the data for a particular
>parameter into a single data file (human readable) that I
>could load into Excel to do some manipulation on? For example if I am
>looking at files for host "interactive1"...
>
>Orcallator data files:
>var/orca/orcallator/interactive1  <---Are these the right data files to
>look at?

Yes, these are the files to look at.  The files are actually laid out in a
very readable format already.  Its just the volume of data in the files is
so large that its looks like they are complete chaos.

Take a look at the orcallator_column script.  Here is the help output from
the script:

<soneill at compaq:/usr/local/orca/bin:11377>$ perl orcallator_column
usage: orcallator_column [-c column_name] [-m] files ...
   -c add the name of a column to print out
   -m instead of printing all the data, show only the maximum value
If no -c options are given, then by default the following column titles
are used:
   httpop/s http/p5s httpb/s NoCP
If you want to process standard input, then you must list - on the
command line.

You can have any number of "-c column_name" switches as you want.  So if
you want to see only a small subset of the data available in your
orcallator text data files, this is the way to go.  This script should be
in the bin directory under the directory prefix Orca was installed into on
my syste.

>RRD files created by orcallator:
>var/orca/rrd/orcallator/o_interactive1

You can read these if you are into REALLY HURTING yourself on purpose ... LOL

--
Sean O'Neill