[Orca-users] not collecting gigabit ethernet stats

JV ace711 at socal.rr.com
Thu May 22 00:59:41 PDT 2003

Dear Orca friends:

one of my gigabit ethernet hosts (frog) is not COLLECTING ge0 stats in
/var/adm/sa/orca/frog/orcallator-2003-05-22-001.

another host (dolphin, and several others) do. The graphs show up in orca
rather nicely.

Both are:

Solaris 2.6-33
kstat.se and netif.se files same size/time stamps
orcallator.se version is 1.37
se version is for both - Version 3.2.1 (08:34 PM 09/30/01) for sparc SunOS
5.6
both interfaces are plumbed & up and in moderate use nightly.
one is SBUS the other PCI

What else is required for collecting ge0 statistics? This is especially
dismaying because I wish to plot my Veritas Netbackup over gig-e stats.

Any pointers appreciated -

JV