[Orca-users] Re: memory leak

Berezin, Dmitry dberezin at surfside.rutgers.edu
Fri May 30 08:37:16 PDT 2003

Well, one or two hundred megs would be OK, but I'm talking about
gigabytes!!!
Here is the snapshot of orca running for just about 2 days:

ps -o user,pid,ppid,vsz,stime,tty,time,etime,args -p 5120

 USER   PID  PPID     VSZ   STIME TT     TIME     ELAPSED COMMAND
 orca  5120     1 3594784  May_28 ?  05:17:40  1-23:51:00
/usr/local/bin/perl -w /opt/orca/bin/orca -d /opt/orca/lib/orcallator.cfg

It has already grabbed over 3GB of memory.
...and it only graphs 3 systems in this installation.
Again, I did not have this problem with the previous version.

  Blair?

Thank you,

  -Dmitry.