[Orca-users] Tape performance graphs

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Apr 8 09:34:36 PDT 2004

I had a similar issue with the Disk Run Percent graphs -- I had
something like 50 disks, so all those graphs stacked on top of one
another, and it was virtually impossible to gather anything of use from
it.  I wanted to split up the graph into one graph for each I/O
controller I had.  Here's what I did:

plot {
title                   %g Disk Run Percent Controller 0
source                  orcallator
#data
disk_runp_((?:c\d+t\d+d\d+)|(?:c\d+d\d+)|(?:[ms]d\d+))
data                    disk_runp_((?:c0t\d+d\d+))
line_type               line2
legend                  $1
y_legend                Run Percent
data_min                0
data_max                100
plot_min                0
href
http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#disk_run_percent
}

plot {
title                   %g Disk Run Percent Controller 1
source                  orcallator
#data
disk_runp_((?:c\d+t\d+d\d+)|(?:c\d+d\d+)|(?:[ms]d\d+))
data                    disk_runp_((?:c1t\d+d\d+))
line_type               line2
legend                  $1
y_legend                Run Percent
data_min                0
data_max                100
plot_min                0
href
http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#disk_run_percent
}

Note the only thing I changed was the title (hard-coded) and the data
regexp (c0 in the first one, c1 in the second).  I had about 6
controllers on this server, so I made 6 seperate plot entries.  I also
didn't want any of the sd or md devices showing up, since they'd just be
redundant--all my disks were accounted for with the c#t#d# nomenclature.

Hope this helps!

--Dragon

Dmitry Berezin wrote:

>I would like to change how tape performance data is graphed. Instead of
>graphing Tape Run Percent for all tape devices on the same graph, I'd like
>to have separate graphs for each tape device. I tried making changes to the
>orcallator.cfg file, but none of them brought me the results I need.
>Instead, I still get a single graph with ": $1" in its name.
>Here is the portion of config file that I have changed -
>
>plot {
>title                   %g Tape Run Percent: $1
>source                  orcallator
>data                    tape_runp_(.*)
>line_type               line1
>legend                  $1
>y_legend                Run Percent
>data_min                0
>data_max                100
>plot_min                0
>flush_regexps           1
>href
>http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#tape_run_percent
>
>What am I missing?
>
>  Thank you,
>
>  -Dmitry.

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax